1. Delhi records the lowest cases since the second wave of COVID: The trend of declining cases are continuing in Delhi the capital city. 623 new COVID cases are recorded in Delhi and 62 deaths due to COVID, recorded within 24 hours.
2. New guidelines for children soon, as the threat of the third wave looms: Amid the fear that the COVID virus would take the another form and the third wave would come, the central government is about to formulate the guidelines for children soon.
3. PM to chair meeting over 12th exams: PM Modi today will chair the meeting about conducting the class board exams. The CBSE and CISCE boards had deferred the exams in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
4. Health Ministry says, 239 districts still have more than 10% positivity: Health Ministry briefed about the latest status of COVID in India. The Health Ministry’s joint secretary Lav Agarwal said that there is more than 10% of cases of COVID in 239 districts in India.
5. Maharashtra reports 15077 cases of Covid and 184 deaths: Maharashtra has reported 15077 Covid cases, 184 deaths and 33,000 discharges in 24 hours
6. No shortage of COVID vaccines says central government: The central government said that there is no shortage of COVID vaccine and said that there is enough stock to inoculate 1 crore people per day by July to early August.
7. Deewar movie art director Maruthi Rao Kale dies of COVID complications: Deewar the Bollywood’s super hit film’s art director Maruthi Rao Kale died of COVID complications at 92.
8. Fuel prices touch new heights: Petrol and diesel touched new heights today. After revising the prices by the oil marketing companies, the price of oil touched the sporadic price.
9. Karnataka’s bid to buy the vaccine via global tenders fails: The Karnataka government attempted to buy the vaccine through bidding global tender, but the tender has not submitted the requisite documents, as a result, the state government decided to buy the vaccines directly from manufacturers.
10. Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi on “Zero vaccine policy”: Rahul Gandhi alleged that the Zero vaccine policy is like a dagger in the heart of mother India in a Tweet.
11. Home Ministry sends show-cause notice to ex Bengal CS Alapan Bandyopadhyay: The Union Minister has served a show-cause to the former chief secretary of West Bengal Alapan Bandyopadhyay under a stringent provision of the Disaster Management Act that entails imprisonment up to two years.