1. GHMC vote counting started: The vote counting for GHMC started. Amid the High Court’s advice to the Election Commissioner to count only the “Swastik” mark, the counting started. In the postal ballots, BJP won a majority of votes, and BJP is leading in 80 divisions, TRS is leading in 35, and MIM managed to lead 17 and Congress is leading in 2.
2. Army chief MM Naravane to visit Saudi Arabia and UAE: Army chief MM Naravane will visit the UAE and Saudi Arabia as a sign of growing ties between the said Islam states and India. Gen. Naravane’s visit will be four days long, during which he’ll meet his counterparts and other senior officials in these countries.
3. NCP chief Sarad Pawar says Rahul’s consistency an issue: In an interview with a media channel, Sarad Pawar said that Rahul Gandhi’s consistency is an issue.
4. Stick to bilateral pacts says India to China: India told China to stick to the bilateral pact which was signed by both the countries in 1993 and 1996. With the LAC situation still unresolved, India also reiterated that the two countries had agreed to have another round of meeting between the senior commanders at the right time.
5. Borders of Delhi shut: As a result of Farmer’s agitation the borders were shut and the traffic was diverted in the borders of Delhi. As the farmers’ protest in Delhi-NCR entered the eighth day, several borders, including Singhu, Chilla, Ghazipur and Tikri remained closed for commuters.
6. The vroom of the car in Telangana has become slow this time: The GHMC elections opened the greater fight. The competition has become triangular amongTRS with 56, BJP 48 and MIM 43.
7. Bharathiya Kisan union’s Rakesh Tikat says, will continue if the demands not met by govt. : Rakesh Tikat said that the farmers hoped that, the government would agree and meet their demands.
8. MEA says India and Canada ties may suffer due to Justin Trudeau’s comments: The Ministry of External Affairs on Friday summoned the Canada High commissioner and said that the comments made by Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and some other Cabinet ministers and Parliament members on the issues relating to Indian farmers constitute an unacceptable interference in India’s internal matters.
9. India won the match against Australia: India managed to keep the winning momentum by 11 runs victory against Australia. In 1st T20I and seal a 1-0 lead in the 3-match series at the Manuka Oval in Canberra on Friday.