1. Joe Biden a few votes away to Whitehouse: Joe Biden won the battleground prizes of Michigan and Wisconsin on Wednesday, reclaiming a key part of the “blue wall” that slipped away from Democrats four years ago and dramatically narrowing President Donald Trump’s pathway to re-election. A full day after Election Day, neither candidate had cleared the 270 Electoral College votes needed to win the White House.
2. Trump Campaign files lawsuit to stop the vote-counting: U.S. President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign on Wednesday said it had filed a lawsuit in Georgia seeking to pause the state’s count for the presidential election.
3. Supreme clears the maintenance cost in Hindu law: The Supreme Court in a judgment on Wednesday ruled that wives and minor children will now be able to receive maintenance from the date of applying maintenance, ensuring uniformity of grant of maintenance available under various legislations as well as filling lacunae that existed in the Hindu Marriage Act (HMA) as well as Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act (HAMA) which did not specify when maintenance order would be enforceable.
4. Arnab files a plea against his arrest: Republic TV editor Arnab Goswami on Wednesday filed a petition in the Bombay HC to challenge his “illegal arrest” by Mumbai police on November 4.
5. Trump supporters demand to stop counting the votes: Angry Donald Trump supporters have converged on vote-counting centres in key US election battleground states as protests swept the country.
6. Bambay HC refused interim relief to Arnab: Republic TV Editor in chief Arnab Goswami who was arrested and sent to the 14 days judicial for a case of abetment to suicide, was failed to get the relief from Bombay High Court.
7. Bihar CM Nitish says it is his last election: Bihar CM Nitish Kumar said that it would be his last elections to participate.
8. Poonam Pandey was arrested: Poonam Pandey was arrested by Canacona police in Goa on Thursday. An FIR was lodged against her for shooting an obscene video at a beach in Goa.