1. The social media backlashes Chidambaram for his comments against Modi: Chidambaram reacted to Modi’s statement for free vaccine to all. The former Financial Minister asked PM that, who had asked, center should not procure, the vaccine. As a reply, the netizens have shown them the letters from Mamatha Benarjee and Rahul Gandhi. Chidambaram said he was wrong and he stand for correction
2. Ghar Vapasi in Bengal: The TMC leaders are queued to TMC again, but, it seems Dhidhi is not in rush in reconciliation. This trend of returning to TMC started with the four-time MLA Sonali Guha.
3. Bengali actor’s announcement to watch his suicide in live streaming: A jobless Bengali actor announced that he would live-stream his suicide, cops reached him and arrested him took him to the hospital.
4. Infosys co-founder Nandan Nilekhani assures the Finance Minister of overcoming the glitches of the new tax website: Nirmala Sitharaman responded to the problem of the new tax website, as a response, the Infosys company’s co-founder Nandan Nilekhani said that he would resolve the glitches that surfaced on the income tax department’s new e-filing website.
5. Setback for the Congress in UP: Congress leader Jatin Prasada joined BJP and called it a new chapter in his political life. This move is a setback to Congress ahead of 2022 UP elections.
6. India may host Olympics, Ahmadabad calls bidders: India’s desire to host the Olympics may come true soon. Ahmadabad’s city development authority invited the bidders to start, mega project.
7. Mamatha Benarjee’s attack on PM Modi: Mamatha Banerjee took a dig on Modi for his latest and revised vaccine policy. As per the latest revised vaccine policy, 75% of vaccine will be provided for free of cost to the states and 25% of the vaccines will be procured the private hospitals.
8. After the cap announcement the charges are like this: The Union Health Ministry announced the price caps and the rates of the Covishield is at 780, Covaxin at 1410 and Sputnik V is at 1145.
9. Congress leaders call for introspecting after Jatin Prasada joins BJP: Raebareli MLA Aditi Singh said that the Congress party should introspect, as many Congress leaders are leaving congress and joining BJP.
10. Nusrat Jahan the MP from TMC breaks her silence on separation from her ex-husband: TMC MP Nusrat Jahan gave a seven-point statement to the press calling her marriage is not valid in India.
11. Over 1.33 crores of vaccines available with the states say Union Health Ministry: The Union Health Ministry said that more than 1.33 crores of vaccines are available with the states and 3 lakh doses are in pipeline for the union territories and will be received by them within the next 3 days.
12. The Union Cabinet raises MSP to 62%: The Cabinet ministry raised the minimum support price (MSP) for Kharif (Summer Sworn crops ) to 62% to benefit the farmers with 50% of return over cost of cultivation according to the agriculture minister Narendra Singh Thomar.
13. Government ready to talk with the farmer unions says Agri minister: In a media briefing, Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Thomar said that the government is ready to have talks with the farmer unions but, the unions should come up with sound logic.