1. Health Ministry decides to remove PM’s photo from vaccination certificate: In the poll-bound states like West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Assam, and Union Territory Puducherry will not carry a photo of PM Modi, from now onwards.
2. Surge in COVID cases in India: The cases of COVID 19 surged in 24 hours. Thursday registered close to 23,000 new Covid-19 cases in a single day, in past
3. the US defence secretary to visit India from March 19 to 21: US Secretary of Defence Gen Lloyd J Austin will visit India from, March 19 to 21.
4. Lockdown in Nagpur, Maharashtra from March 15th: As the COVID cases rise in Maharashtra, the government of Maharashtra decided to have a lockdown from March 15th to 21st.
5. Mamatha alleges she is attacked: After the injuries during Nandigram. According to the eyewitnesses, it was a small accident but Mamatha Benerjee alleges that it was a conspiracy and an attack on her.
6. Need CBI or SIT: BJP and Congress asked for the investigation on the incident at Nandigram. MP Derek O’ Brien, state ministers Chandrima Bhattacharya and Partha Chatterjee met the Election Commission officials in Kolkata to file a complaint about the alleged attack on Mamata Banerjee
7. Mamatha appeals TMC workers to remain calm: Mamatha Banerjee released a video message in which, she appealed to the workers of TMC to remain calm and she said that, she would come back soon if needed on the wheel chair.
8. Two militants are killed: Two militants were killed in an ongoing operation. This happened in the Kandipora area of Bijbehara in Jammu and Kashmir’s Anantnag district on Thursday.
9. BJP of Bengal suspects the attack on Mamatha: BJP of Bengal asked if the attack on Mamatha Benerjee was true or was a trick to get sympathy.
10. Bank unions call for the strike: United Forum of Bank Unions, the umbrella body of nine unions has called for a strike. This strike is a nationwide strike, on March 15 and 16 against the decision of privatizing the banks which are in the public sector.
11. The central government very worried about rising COVID: The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare expressed its concerns over the alarming rise of COVID cases in Maharashtra.