1. Organizational reshuffling in Congress: After the AICC meeting, decided to reshuffle the organization. There are many changes in congress. As expected, among the 23 leaders, Gulam Nabhi Azad was dropped from AICC General Secretaries and not given any great role in recent changes.
2. Drug Controller General of India suspends Serum institute’s phase II and III trials: Serum institute was issued a show-cause notice, about not halting the ongoing clinical trials of the ChAdOx1 to-19 coronavirus vaccine candidate till doubts about patient safety are cleared.
3. China’s “reciprocal restrictions” on US diplomats: Responding to the US sanctions on China individuals China government sent the notices to US embassies in its countries with reciprocal restrictions and said it was legitimate.
4. India US agreed for the Quadrilateral ties: India and the US virtually met and discussed the bilateral ties and also discussed to strengthen the quadrilateral relations with Japan and Australia.
5. Retired Navy officer assaulted for sharing a political cartoon: Former Navy officer Madan Sharma sustained the eye injury after a cartoon of Udhav Thakery was shared in the WhatsApp. He was brutally beaten on the roads of Mumbai by Shiv Sena workers.
6. COVID updates: India has been setting records in COVID cases. In 24 hours the cases rocketed with the number 96551 cases and the total infected is 4.66 million. India stood second in the world in COVID cases
7. Five Indian citizens were released: Five Indian Citizens were released by the Chinese Army, who were allegedly abducted by the Chinese troops in the bordering village in Arunachal Pradesh. They returned to India Saturday afternoon.
8. US Maldives ink defense deal: Amid growing China’s influence in the Indian Ocean, The US signed a framework for defense cooperation with the Maldives to deepen engagement in support of maintaining peace and security in the strategic Indian Ocean.
9. Buying insurance is hassle-free: IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) announced that the auto insurance or health insurance no need to have the physical copies or hard copies, the process can be done digitally
10. Rhea Chakraborty revealed actors’ names connected with drugs in her confession: She revealed the name of Sara Ali Khan, Rakul Preet Singh and Simmone Khambatta are now under the NCB’s radar. NCB will focus on the A B and C actors of the film industry.