1. Rahul Gandhi’s criticism continues: Rahul Gandhi criticized the government for not maintaining the health workers’ fatality record. The government said that the record usually maintained by the state government, however, it showed the list of doctors and health workers data, through the sanction of insurance money through the PM scheme.
2. COVID cases cross the grim mark of 52 lakh: India crossed the grim mark of 52 lakh and the total cases of COVID 19 are 52, 14,678, and total of 84, 372 people lost their lives due to novel coronavirus. Within 24 hours, there is the highest spike in the number of cases. 96, 424 new cases are registered and 1174 new fatalities are recorded
3. Kangana Ranaut vs Anurag Kashyap: There was a war of tweets between Anurag Kashyap and Kangana, When Kangana metaphorically called herself queen and praised the nationalist thinking poetically called the Indian army to defeat the enemy forces in the border, Mr. Kashyap asked her sarcastically to go to the border and fight on her horse, in a reply she asked Mr. Kashyap to win gold medals for India in coming Olympics and she reminded him that, she was using metaphorical remarks. In another tweet, Kangana called Urmila a “Soft porn Actress”
4. Huge surge in COVID 19: There is a huge surge in COVID 19 cases in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Karnataka. In Andhra Pradesh there are about 8702, in Tamil Nadu: 5560, in Karnataka: 9366 and in Kerala 4352 fresh COVID cases within 24 hours. Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu stood in second and third-worst in COVID cases
5. A committee asked to research South Indian History: A committee formed by the central government, which is on history research of south India started facing criticism that it doesn’t have a single North East Indian or South Indian in its committee. Politicians like Kumara Swamy and Manickam Tagore called the research committee Okayed by the RSS and called it a conspiracy to show that there is no separate history to southern India. However, many historians debunked the Aryan Dravidian division theories.
6. Madras high court says actor Suriya’s comments undesirable: Responding to the Tamil actor Suriya, Madras high court called as an undesirable comment and not considered as condemn of the court. However, Suriya has been getting support in social media through his comments.
7. Paytm application pulled down on google play store: For entertaining gambling sites, and gambling involving real money. As per the compliance of Google Play Store the Paytm app is pulled down.
8. Indian Parliament passes three controversies Parliament bills: Indian Parliament has passed three controversial bills through voice vote. The Farmers’ produce trade and commerce (Promotion and facilitation) Bill, 2020 and the Farmers (Empowerment and protection) agreement of price assurance and Farm Service Bill 2020 and the Parliament has already passed the Essential Commodities (Amendment), Bill
9. Karan Johar’s viral video shows Udtha Bollywood? The Congress politician Manjinder Singh Sirsa booked a case against a few actors who appeared in a video of Karan Johar’s party. There was a white substance near the lap of actor Vickey Kaushal and he was rubbing nose. MP Siersa commented, “Udhta Bollywood” in his tweet. NCB said that the video will be examined and investigate whether it was doctored by someone or original and said would get into a deep investigation on this.
10. Parliament passed for the deduction of MP’s salary: Parliament passed a bill of reduction in MP’s salary and MPLAD funds deduction for the coming two years which will be converted as pandemic funds.
11. A girl drowned in drainage in Hyderabad: A girl in Hyderabad, drowned in drainage due to bad sewage water drainage management. K Sumedha a 12 years girl fell in open drainage while cycling and her body were found two kilometers away from the drainage in a lake called Banda cheruvu. This could be due to 300 buildings near the open drainage.