1. Terror Module busted: Terror Module busted by NIA in Kerala and West Bengal. 11 Terrorist operatives were arrested who were motivated by Al Qaeda through social media. They planned for the explosion in different places including Delhi. The electronics and ammunition were recovered and seized.
2. Delhi Journalist Rajeev Sharma was arrested: Delhi journalist Rajeev Sharma was arrested under the Official secret act due to the possession of defense classified papers. He was presented in front of the court and was sent to remand.
3. The Byte Dance company challenged the ban of Tik Tok: Byte Dance filed a case against Tik Tok’s ban and said it provided a platform for the Americans to express and said that the data privacy was followed by it.
4. Spiking cases in India: 53, 08, 328 cases are registered so far, including 93297 new cases within 24 hours, and the deaths reached 85,641 including 1220 new deaths. The most affected states are Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Uttar Pradesh.
5. Rajya sabha passes a bill in favor of health workers: Rajya Sabha passed an important bill. According to this, if the health workers and doctors are attacked, the attackers will attract up to 5 years of imprisonment amid COVID pandemic and skin conditions. It’s an amendment to 1897 Epidemic conditions.
6. Lieutenant-General of Jammu and Kashmir announces economic package: Lieutenant General of Jammu and Kashmir announced an economic package of 1350 crore which excluding Atma Nirbhar Bharath and to encourage small and medium enterprises and to encourage business related to tourism, 50% of subsidy is provided for electric and water bills. The stamp duty will be exempted till March 2021 in J&K.
7. Schools reopened as per Unlock 4.0: In a few states like Assam and Karnataka, the schools will be opened from 21st September and they will have to follow the Standard Operating Procedure, given by the central government. The opening of schools is the decision of state governments and attending school is not compulsory. West Bengal, Delhi, and Uttar Pradesh governments will not open the schools