1. ICMR and AYUSH to study the Anandayya Ayurvedic Medicine: The distribution of Anandayya Ayurvedic medicine is indefinitely stopped by the government and ICMR and Ayush will study this medicine and will submit its report within 10 days.
2. UP vendor thrashed by UP police succumbs to head injury: An 18 years old Faisal Hussain was beaten by the UP police for violating the lockdown rules and he succumbed to these injuries as per the report.
3. Black fungus is identified in the intestine of two patients: In Delhi the doctors of Sri Ganga Ram hospitals identified that, two COVID 19 patients were identified with black fungus in their intestine.
4. The rising black fungus cases are sparking panic in India, different states have recorded black fungus cases: Increase in the number of black fungus cases are sparking the panic in India. Different states of India recorded black fungus cases.
5. Air India loses three employees in just 5 days: Air India lost 3 employees in just 5 days. And the pilots of Air India asked to have the HR policy to take care of the employees in a pandemic.
6. PM Modi holds meeting on the Yaas cyclone: After Tauktae, Yaas is going to hit the East Coast especially the coastline of Odisha and West Bengal. PM Modi conducted a meeting to review the preparedness of cyclone Yaas, which will make landfall on 26th May.
7. Delhi CM extends the lockdown for the 5th time: One more week of lockdown is extended in Delhi by the CM of Delhi Aravindh Kejriwal. The restrictions will remain the same for one more week and this is the fifth time to extend the lockdown.
8. Haryana extends till 31st May: Haryana government extended the lockdown till the 31st of May 2021 (5.00 am) under ‘Mahamari Alert-Surakshit Haryana’.
9. IMA doctors of Siliguri hits out at Ramdev: Medical association demanded action against Baba Ramdev for his vitriolic accusation on modern medicine.
10. On Ramdev Baba’s “Allopathy a stupid Science” claim Health Minister writes a letter: Union Minister for Health and Family Dr Harsha Vardhan wrote to Yoga Guru over his remarks on allopathic medicine calling it a “Stupid Science” and said that his words were not only insulting to scores of Covid warriors but were hurtful to the citizens too.
11. Geetha Barsa asks the pregnant woman to refrain from taking the COVID vaccine: Geetha Barsa who is expecting the second child feels that expecting mothers should follow proper government guidelines when it comes to considering getting the Covid-19 vaccination.
12. Moderna refuses to send the vaccine to Punjab and says it deals with the centre: COVID manufacturer Moderna Inc declined the request to send the Moderna vaccine for COVID to Punjab.
13. Dog tied to bike and dragged, two are held: Two persons including a minor boy were arrested for allegedly dragging a dog that was tied to their bike more than a kilometre in Mangalore city.
14. Lockdown extends in several states and UTs: India has been still facing the rise in COVID cases, so several states have extended the lockdown for some more days.