1. Delhi to start unlocking from 31st May 2021: The unlocking process in Delhi begins from 31st May 2021 as COVID cases continued to dip in the national capital.
2. India supports the demand of studies into the origin of COVID 19 virus: India on Friday backed the calls further investigation into the origin of the COVID virus.
3. Delhi court declines the plea against media trial of Sushil Kumar: The Delhi High Court on Friday declined the law student’s petition against alleged media trail of Wrestler Sushil Kumar who was arrested in the murder case by Delhi Police.
4. Tata buys major stake in BigBasket: Tata sons bought the majority stake in the BigBasket the online grocery platform
5. Sputnik V vaccine to be rolled out in India for the cost of 1195 in Apollo hospital: Apollo group of hospitals has announced that Russia made Sputnik V across India will be given across India for the cost of 1195.
6. DRDO’s anti-Covid drug to be sold at rs 990 per sachet: DRDO’s 2DG anti-Covid drug has been priced to Rs 990 per sachet by Dr Reddy’s laboratory
7. Rs 60,000 per dose antibodies therapy by Medanta hospital: After the drugs like Ivermectin, Remdesivir, and plasma therapy which was used till recent times as a treatment of COVID 19, the Medanta Hospital began using a ‘new cocktail’ of antibodies.
8. Delhi sees a slight rise in daily COVID cases: There is a slight rise in COVID cases, on Friday in New Delhi. 1,141 new cases were recorded in the last 24 hours, taking the caseload to 1,423,690, according to the health department’s bulletin. 139 deaths are recorded in 24 hours in Delhi.
9. Mamatha continuous face-off with PM Modi, as she skips cyclone Yaas review meeting: PM Modi is to visit Odisha and West Bengal to assess the damage after the Yaas cyclone.
10. Twitter spaces now available on mobile web and desktop: Twitter recently introduced its audio chats, and it is now available on both mobile and desktop browser
11. 75% of new COVID cases are due to a COVID variant from India called B.1.617.2: The B.1.617.2 Coronavirus variant which is responsible in India for much devastation, is responsible for 75% of the fresh cases in Britain.
12. All India to be vaccinated by this December says, Union Minister Prakash Javadekar: Union Minister Prakash Javadekar, on Friday said that COVID 19, vaccination will be completed by December 2021.
13. 65 years old patient gets the first antibody cocktail at Apollo: A 65 years old man from Delhi, who has multiple comorbidities, has become the first person to receive monoclonal antibody therapy at the Apollo hospital here, the healthcare group said on Friday.
14. 7.5 million jobs lost in the Second wave: The second wave of COVID 19, has taken a heavy toll on employment.
15. Nagaland extends lockdown till June 11th: The Nagaland government has announced the extension of lockdown till 11th June.
16. Kerala HC declines to stay new draft regulation: The Kerala high court has rejected to stay the draft regulation in Lakshadweep Development Authority Regulation and sent notices to the Centre and the Union Territory administration in response to Congress leader KP Noushad Ali’s plea against the regulation, which has triggered protests.