1. Nothing against Ramdev says IMA: The Indian Medical Association said that, it will consider taking back the police complaint and defamation notice as well, if Ramdev Baba takes back his comments against the modern medicine and COVID vaccine as well.
2. Lowest new COVID infection in India: India has recorded the lowest cases in the last three months. There were 173,790 cases of coronavirus disease and 3617 deaths in the last 24 hours.
3. Shashi Tharoor urges PM Modi to cancel the 12th exams: Congress MP Shashi Tharoor has written a letter to Prime Minister Modi requesting him to cancel the 12th class board exams, in the middle of the second wave of COVID 19 pandemic.
4. 550 doctors succumbed to COVID 19 says IMA: The Indian Medical Association stated that, 550 doctors, lost their lives during the second wave of COVID 19.
5. ICMR approves Saline Gargle RT PCR test: The Council of Scientific and Industrial research has developed a non-invasive RT PCR test method, which can obtain the results in three hours.
6. Delhi government invites Global Tenders for 10 million doses: The Delhi government has floated the global expression of interest inviting bidding for global tender for procurement of 10 million doses of COVID 19 vaccine on an urgent basis
7. European Union approves the Pfizer BioNtech vaccine for 12-15 years old children: Europe’s medicines’ regulatory approved the Pfizer BioNtech vaccine to administer to the children under 12 to 15 years.
8. Noida aims to become the first fully vaccinated district: Authorities in Uttar Pradesh, Gautham Budha Nagar resolved to make the district the first district to fully vaccinated against COVID 19 virus
9. COVID 19 vaccine ineffective against variant seen in South Africa: According to Dr Shankar Chetty, who has been treating COVID 19 patients in Port Edward, South Africa, the vaccine against COVID 19 variant seen in South Africa, is proven to be ineffective.
10. 2.8 crores of Covaxin supplied by the Bharath Biotech says centre: In a recent press release, the central government said that the Bharath biotech has supplied 2.8 crore of Covaxin including wastage, and private hospitals receive 13.7 doses of COVID vaccines.
11. Mamatha Banerjee appeals centre to withdraw order of recalling Bengal chief secretary: West Bengal CM Mamatha Banerjee appealed to the central government to withdraw the orders of recalling the chief secretary of West Bengal Alapan Bandyopadhyay.
12. Delhi CM urges the centre to buy vaccines for states: Amid the acute shortage of vaccines, the Delhi CM Aravind Kejriwal requested the central government to buy the vaccines for the state governments and urged to no to have petty politics.
13. Navneeth Karla who is involved in the black market of oxygen concentrators gets bail: A Delhi court on Saturday granted bail to Delhi’s Khan Chacha owner Navneet Karla in connection with the alleged black marketing and hoarding of oxygen concentrator in the national capital amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
14. State governments should procure the vaccines and Remdesivir says the Minister of state for chemicals and Fertilizers: The Minister of State for Chemicals and Fertilizers Mansukh Mandaviya on Saturday announced that the government has decided to discontinue the central allocation of Remdesivir to States.
15. First case of B.1.617.2 has been recorded in Pakistan: The B.1.617.2 variant which was first seen in India and mutated in India has been seen in Pakistan as well.
16. Shriram Nene cardiologist says everyone should be vaccinated to end the pandemic: Dr Shriram Nene Cardiologist and YouTuber who started his channel recently said that the pandemic could not be ended until everyone is vaccinated.
17. The US Pharma giant Pfizer says their vaccine is effective against the COVID virus prevalent in India: US pharma giant Pfizer told the central government that, their vaccine is effective against the COVID variants which are prevalent in India.
18. Walk in inoculation for the students who seek international admission into educational institutions: Maharashtra government and Kerala governments have prioritised the students who got the admissions into foreign universities
19. Singapore Health Ministry says, Indian national not infected at Changi airport in Singapore: The Singapore Health Government said that there is no phylogenetic link between the Sonal Wadde case and Changi Airport Terminal 3 cluster.